Tasting - "Dark Horse Pinot Noir"

Name: Dark Horse Pinot Noir
Variety of Grapes: Pinot Noir
Country: United States
Region: California (Believed to be Central Coast)
Vintage: Unknown
Cost: $5
Store: Kroger on South Main
Wine Shop Review: "California- Smoothness, complexity and a great price are the strong points of this medium-bodied wine. It has wonderful raspberry, cedar and red-cherry flavors, light tannins, a polished feel on the palate and lingering finish." - Totalwine.com
Wine Folly Page 150 and Page 294: I can taste a bit of cherry and maybe a hint of raspberry. the light body is noticeable as it doesn't leave a lingering alcohol taste however the cherry stays in your mouth for a while. I did not decant and poured into a generic glass not designed for wine.
My Review: Very good and easy to drink. There are many subtleties that I taste but cannot describe. I hope that as my palette develops I will be able to better define my experience. I had this with leftover rotini marinara for dinner.


 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tasting - 'Vendange Chardonnay"

Wine Dinner 2

Tasting - 'Hetszolo Tokaji Forditas 2017'